Krannert Art Museum Marketing Assistant
Student Academic Hourly
Search Duration: April 7–20, 2017
Under the supervision of the Communications and Marketing Specialist, the student marketing assistant will help to publicize upcoming exhibitions and events, to log media coverage, and to assist in managing the digital photo library. The student will also have the opportunity to add to the museum’s photo collection through event photography and taking images of artwork in the permanent collection. A successful candidate for this summer position may be offered to extend employment into the 2017-2018 academic year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, enter, and edit copy with strong attention to detail
- Consistently enter exhibitions and events into online calendars, prepare content for social media, enter public relations content into museum database
- Photo editing, including file naming, color correction and sizing images for a variety of uses
- Museum photography, including events and artwork, using KAM resources
- Required: Current undergraduate student at the University of Illinois
- Preferred: Major or minor in photography, new media, communications, or library science
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe CC and Microsoft Excel is required
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC is preferred
- High resolution digital photography experience is required
- Consistent work hours are required; must be available 10-15 hours per week when museum is open
- Demonstrated attention to detail is required; copyediting experience is preferred
- Must possess a high level of organization and be self-motivated
Position is scheduled to begin June 7, 2017 and run through August, with the option to continue part-time work during the fall 2017 semester.
For full consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, link to portfolio, and two professional references to Communications & Marketing Coordinator Julia Nucci Kelly by April 20, 2017. Applicants will be contacted once the application period has closed.