How Can I Support the Museum?
Ways to Give
Krannert Art Museum (KAM) promotes a vibrant exchange of ideas in the visual arts on campus at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
The museum relies on the generosity of alumni, corporate partners, foundation allies, and friends who give in a variety of ways:
- Annual Membership: Art enthusiasts from campus and the community give each year and enjoy member's only access to special programs and events.
- Specialized Funds: Donors can sponsor exhibitions and art conservation projects, fund art education (including KAM's collaboration with area public schools Krannert Art Museum—Week at the Museum), and build the Krannert Art Museum Endowment Fund, which provides ongoing support to our work on campus.
- Renovation Initiative: Thanks to the generosity of KAM's partners during our current 5-year renovation initiative, the first phase of work began in May 2016. Donors can continue to support the museum's commitment to transform galleries and other public spaces by donating to the renovation fund.
- Collection Development: Donors and partners can donate acquisition funds, works of fine art, or fine art collections to help develop KAM's permanent collection in significant ways.
- Planned Giving & Corporate Matching Gifts: The museum may be named as the beneficiary of bequests, estate gifts, stock gifts, and corporate matching gifts.
Your generous support ensures that KAM remains a vibrant center of arts research, learning, and teaching at the University of Illinois.
We invite you to email Brenda Nardi, Director of Development or call 217-265-6966 at any time to discuss how you can support Krannert Art Museum and the arts at Illinois.
Become a Friend of Krannert Art Museum
When you become a member of Krannert Art Museum, you experience the satisfaction of knowing that your contribution supports extraordinary exhibitions and educational programs throughout the year.
Museum members enjoy:
- Private catered receptions at exhibition openings
- Exclusive Members' Night programs and members-only yoga
- Advance notice of events, including exhibitions, gallery talks, and performances
- Reciprocal benefits, including free admission, at hundreds of North American Reciprocal Museums (NARM) and ModCo (Modern and Contemporary) Reciprocal Museums, at the Benefactor level and above
- A sense of pride in helping to maintain free and open access to all
Basic Annual Membership
Director's Circle Membership
Investor: $10000 and above
KAM Exhibition Support Fund
Donate to provide support to art exhibitions and programming. Recent exhibitions supported by this fund include Time / Image and Artists Including Me: William Wegman.
Krannert Art Museum—Week at the Museum
Support collaborative art education partnerships with local public schools. The KAM–WAM program brings elementary and secondary students to the museum for up to a full week of learning during which art is infused into all parts of the curriculum and teachers are empowered to bring art to classroom learning in new ways.
KAM Endowment Fund
Provide a secure future for Krannert Art Museum by building the KAM Endowment. Income generated from endowed funds may be support artist residencies, family and community programming, exhibitions and more.
KAM Renovation Fund
Donate to Envision, Partner, Transform, the museum's multi-year initiative to transform galleries, classrooms, and public spaces, to develop the permanent collection in significant ways, and to lead the way in collaborative arts education.
Thanks to the generosity of lead donors and significant commitment by the University of Illinois to match all donations of $5000 or more, the first phase of renovations began in May 2016.
Give today or learn more by downloading the plan brochure.
Krannert Art Acquisitions Fund
Support the purchase of works of fine art that enhance the permanent collection in meaningful ways. Donations to this fund may also be used to conserve works of art already held by the museum.
Planned Giving and Corporate Matching Gifts
Naming Krannert Art Museum in an estate gift or bequest ensures that your support of the arts will have an impact for you and the museum. A range of options—from stock gifts and real estate to annuities and trusts—will extend your generous support of KAM far into the future.
To explore these and other planned giving options, please email Brenda Nardi, Director of Development or call her office directly at 217-265-6966.
Corporate Matching Gifts
A donation to the museum can double or triple its impact if matched by your employer. The University of Illinois Foundation can verify whether the company that employs you, a spouse, or partner offers a matching gift program.
UIF Corporate Matching Gifts.
If you have questions about donation or would like to support the museum in other ways, we'd love to talk with you.
Please call Brenda Nardi, Director of Development at 217-265-6966 or Contact KAM at any time.