The museum regularly manages image requests from researchers, institutions, and students. When possible, it is Krannert Art Museum's policy to provide digital images of works of art in the permanent collection for educational and research purposes as well as some publications and media uses. The museum does not charge for this service. Please note the following general guidelines when requesting an image:
Digital Image Format
The museum has access to low-resolution digital images of the majority of works in the permanent collection. In addition, there is limited access to high-resolution images of particular works. When making an image request, please indicate the intended use and desired file format. For print reproductions, please indicate image size requirements and preferred dpi.
Specific image rights and image credit requirements will be communicated as a part of the formal agreement between the museum and the requestor. Please keep in mind the following standards when preparing your request:
· Images of art from the Krannert Art Museum permanent collection must be reproduced in their entirety, unless otherwise stipulated in the permission agreement. No cropping, bleeding off the page, overprinting, printing on color stock, digital modification, or other alterations is permitted.
· Images may only be utilized for the purposes agreed upon by the requestor and Krannert Art Museum and stipulated in the written agreement.
· Permission to use an image depends on the inclusion of specific image credit language. This language must appear each time the image is used.
· Reproduction of images in electronic media may not exceed an image size of 729 x 729 pixels and a maximum resolution of 72 dpi.
· Krannert Art Museum respects and follows copyright law. Please keep in mind that the museum may not be the owner of all rights necessary for image publication, including copyright and/or rights of privacy or publicity. As the requestor, it is your responsibility to obtain the appropriate copyright permission prior to the publication of the requested image.
· Krannert Art Museum does not assume responsibility for infringements of copyright, violations of privacy or publicity rights, or other claims resulting from the use of the images provided.
Make an Image Request
Image requests should be made through the Krannert Art Museum website at the link below. Please fill out all fields of the request form, including complete contact information and a full description of the asset required and its intended use. If you have questions or require more information, please contact us.