Krannert Art Museum welcomes collaborative work with University of Illinois faculty and graduate students. Events and exhibitions may be proposed by following the instructions below.
Propose an Educational, Artistic, or Cultural Event
Krannert Art Museum offers many types of events, such as lectures, discussions, music and dance performances, open-mic events, and cultural nights. If your department, university group or organization is interested in hosting an educational, artistic, or cultural event at the museum, please submit an event proposal. Please note, planning for museum events typically begins six months in advance.
Propose an Art Exhibition
If you are a faculty member or graduate student and have an idea for an exhibition you would like to organize at the museum, you may submit a proposal to be reviewed by museum staff.
Please note, the exhibition proposal process has two stages outlined below. The active planning period for exhibitions is 18-24 months in advance.
Priority is given to projects that:
- Apply clearly defined interpretive strategies and goals
- Apply clearly defined frameworks of visual and/or cultural analysis
- Encourage innovative and integrated forms of teaching and learning
- Create dynamic curricular connections and participatory forms of engagement
- Explore compelling issues of culture and society in historical or contemporary contexts/periods
- Promote global perspectives
- May be realized with reasonable resource commitments
Stage one: Exhibition Concept
Submission of the proposal concept (not to exceed 750 words).
Please be as specific as possible and respond briefly to the criteria listed above.
Stage two: Full Proposal
Those who submit proposal concepts that are accepted for further consideration will be asked to complete a more detailed exhibition proposal. Required items are enumerated below.
Part One: Narrative
Please provide a narrative description of the proposed exhibition (up to 1,500 words) that includes the following:
- Themes, goals, and significance of the proposed exhibition
- Curricular tie-ins: how the exhibition will relate to and be used by faculty and students at the university
- Public programming: exhibition-related films, performances, events, lectures, K-12 or adult programs that will serve the broader Champaign-Urbana community.
Part Two: Checklist
Please provide a provisional list of artworks you would like to incude in the exhibition indicating the following:
- Will artworks be sourced from the permanent collection at KAM? Will external loans be required? If so, what museums, galleries, or private collections may be involved?
- Artists, dimensions, dates, and sources of artworks
- If available, thumbnail images of artworks should be included
Part Three: Curriculum Vitae
Please attach an updated CV for each curatorial contributor to your exhibition proposal.
Don't see what you're looking for? Contact us at any time.